Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bye-Bye, Birdie

This morning my littly guy was somewhat weak, and I wondered still whether he would recover from his protracted malady. After thinking about it during the day, I recognized that he was in the trough of a cycle, and each high had hit about the same level of recovery while each decline had gone progressively lower, so I made an appointment for what I new would be his last trip to the vet.

Tonight I bade a very fond farewell to a pathetically suffering little cockatiel. I will remember him for his cardinal and monkey mimicry, his energy, and his lack of self pity. His name was Beefy.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."--D. H. Lawrence

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh..... bye-bye Beefy. Big hugs to you.