Saturday, April 19, 2008

Birthday

I had one of these last week. No matter when it falls, it is not my night to cook, and my cooking partner came through with flying colors. Surf and turf in the form of lobster tails and bacon-wrapped filets mignon with asparagus and baked potatoes followed by a chocolate frosted devil's food layer cake, all made in our kitchen. What a sweetheart!

I, on the other hand, will probably not reciprocate when the tables are turned in a couple of weeks: it will most likely be dinner at a restaurant of the celebrant's choosing.

I hate to whine, so I'll just state the facts. It seems as though this work thing, especially the long daily commute, is winning the competition for my energy. I thought I'd get used to it after a week or so, but it's been four and I am. just. plain. tired. Good thing it's a contract!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh crap. Happy belated!!! (I recalled it was some time around the nephew's... but I suck at recalling actual dates of these things).

Sounds like a great meal! I'm always impressed about your sweetie's cooking efforts (or is it your ability to let him go in and mess up your kitchen? Tough call!)

That Word Guy said...

My kitchen? Hey, whoever pays half the mortgage owns half the kitchen!