Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"There's Fog As Far as the Eye Can See"

I got the title of this entry directly from last night’s ten o’clock news.

Just after being introduced as having the story on the fog (so we already knew that it was foggy), the on-site reporter came out with that gem.

Blink.

Isn’t it the nature of fog to limit visibility?

Blink.

It was, indeed, a dark and stormy night.

Okay, so it’s just a local news channel. But I’m not talking about the Littletown News at Ten, folks. This is Chicago. (Yeh, I know that all you New Yorkers think we are Littletown). Wouldn’t you think that from a metro population of 9.7 million people Chicago stations could glean a handful of reporters who are both photogenic and capable of something better than mere time filling blather? I’ll be honest; the reason I watch the nightly news is for the weather. Yeh, I get it from the Web, too. But Chicago does have a handful of capable (as capable as any weather forecaster can be), genial meteorologists who are a pleasure to watch. Good infotainment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every year, every day, they really become more talking heads than journalists.

Welcome to blogging!!