Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chicken Salad Tonight

I'm a bit of a seat-of-the-pants cook. I use few recipes, usually preferring to decide what to put together based on what I know about flavors and what is in the larder at the moment. Tonight it was a chicken pasta salad.

I started with mayo (which I do not use very much) and Ken's Honey Mustard salad dressing, available at the local Woodman's supermarket. When I make a pasta salad, I mix all of the more durable ingredients with the dressing before tossing in the pasta and fragile items. It starts out looking gloppy and not particularly appetizing. Here it is with only chopped Vidalia, fresh cilantro, cracked pepper, and celery (which I also use rarely, but my partner likes it):

Oh, yeah. Ask me about wooden cutting boards versus any others to date!

This is the glop with the addition of chicken, water chestnuts, and halved red seedless grapes (sounds awful? tastes great!)


Ewwww! Well, you need enough glop to coat the pasta, about 12 dry ounces. I do have a very large bowl, and I wanted leftovers.

And, finally, plated with leaf lettuce, tomatoes, a handful of cashews and a few grissini. Shown here on Pinzon pasta bowls (as if you could tell).

Yumm!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nicely done... great photos!!! I really need to use a better digital cam from. I used to be such a photography junky.

And it looks like a tasty meal.